Our bed and breakfast hotel is located in Apt in the Vaucluse departement, part of the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur region. This Provençal village is situated at the heart of the Luberon Regional Nature Park, near to Cavaillon, Manosque, Forcalquier, and other famous towns.
Starting from our bed and breakfast hotel numerous activities and outings are possible for discovering the region and simply having a wonderful holiday.
Things to do in Apt
Just a stone’s throw from our B&B hotel, the town of Apt and its rich history are there for you to discover:
- Saint Anne’s Cathedral,
- Industrial Museum (Musée de l’Aventure Industrielle),
- Museum of History and Archaeology,
- The Blachère Foundation
- plus, every Saturday, the Provençal market of Apt, which has been awarded the “Marché d’Exception Français” label for markets of outstanding quality
Things to do around Apt
A stronghold of tourism, the Vaucluse département and the Luberon region are a destination of choice, with numerous places to visit and discover:
- The villages of Gordes, Lourmarin, Ansouis, Ménerbes (some of France’s listed “most beautiful villages”),
- Roussillon, with its ochre-coloured cliffs and its Ochre Conservatory,
- Fontaine de Vaucluse,
- L’Isle sur la Sorgue and its antique dealers
- Mount Ventoux,
- Our famous lavender fields,
- The “Provençal Colorado” at Rustrel…
And also: Pont Julien bridge, the village of Les Bories, Notre Dame de Sénanque Abbey near Gordes, the mediaeval fort of Buoux, the ochre mines from Bruoux to Gargas, Château de Lourmarin, and close by, Avignon, the city of the Popes, and its famous festival.
Recreation and sports nearby
Not far from our exclusive bed and breakfast hotel you will find:
- A 9-hole golf course at Villars
- A high rope course at Rustrel
- Descent of the River Sorgue by canoe
- Rock-climbing at Buoux
The region also offers numerous rambling paths: the GR9 and GR92 paths and the GR653 Saint James of Compostela way, as well a number of cycling routes with direct access to the Véloroute du Calavon (EuroVelo Mediterranean Route N°8).